During the second year of the Global Executive MBA-Americas program, you’ll become part of an international cohort of no more than 60 executives– up to 15 students from each of the four prestigious business schools in the Americas Alliance.
Instead of meeting every other Saturday at Vanderbilt as in Year One, you’ll be part of a traveling classroom throughout Year Two–with immersions in Brazil, Canada, Mexico and the United States. You’ll be put on a new International Team with representatives from each of our partner schools. The curriculum is uniquely relevant to each country. You’ll learn from the exceptional faculty of our partner schools who know these countries best. Meanwhile, a member of the Vanderbilt faculty will oversee your International Capstone Strategy Project in which you will work with a multinational company to help solve specific business challenges in the Americas region.
Throughout the immersion experiences, you’ll learn firsthand the culture, business practices and consumer perceptions and behaviors of these four nations and economies. And you’ll do it among peers from those countries whose insights and experience will be invaluable throughout your career.
Learn more about the top-ranked faculty you will learn from in each country. Watch Here
Learn what students experience during an international residency. Click Here
- You will attend classes at Simon Fraser University, Beedie School of Business in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- The curriculum will focus on cross-cultural management and global strategy.
- You will meet your new international cohor, be assigned to your new cross border team, and begin your project together.
- You will attend classes at Fundacao Instituto de Administracao (FIA) in São Paulo, Brazil.
- The curriculum will focus on corporate social responsibility and strategic management for emerging markets.
- You will visit local companies to experience doing business globally and you will continue to work with your team on your international capstone strategy project.
- You will attend classes at Instituto Technologico Autonomo de Mexico (ITAM) in Mexico City, Mexico.
- The curriculum will focus on family business, global competitiveness.
- You will continue to work with your team on your international capstone strategy project.
In the United States:
- You will attend classes at Vanderbilt University, Owen Graduate School of Management in Nashville, Tennessee.
- The curriculum will focus on innovation and creating and launching new ventures for organizational growth.
- You will wrap up the program experience, present your capstone project to your cohort. In a closing ceremony, you will receive your Americas Alliance certificate and celebrate with your cohort.
Building on the heavily quantitative nature of the first year of the program, students can apply these skills while experiencing firsthand the need for patience and flexibility that exist in a cross-border professional environment, including working across time zones and international regulations.
Chadwick ConnGlobal EMBA, 2015