The course will show you how to determine the value of an asset by the level and the riskiness of its expected after-tax cash flows. We’ll teach you the techniques used to discount cash flows and determine the value implications of investment decisions, as well as the guidelines used to construct after-tax cash flow forecasts. We’ll teach you to estimate risk in the context of modern portfolio theory and talk about the impact of capital structure (your firm’s mix of debt and equity) on the riskiness of financial instruments issued by your firm.
In the accounting portion of the course, we’ll give you a basic introduction to financial accounting, including overviews of financial statements, income statements, balance sheets, and statements of cash flows. You’ll learn about LIFO vs. FIFO accounting, accounting for inventory, and the valuation of long-term assets.
When you complete this course, you’ll understand how to:
- Identify and measure the riskiness of assets
- Move cash flows through time
- Make more informed investment decisions by applying finance principles to valuing capital investments, applying decision-making criteria for multi-period cash flows, and constructing cash flow forecasts
- Evaluate your firm’s performance by recognizing the characteristics of three main types of financial statements, how each of these statements is developed over time, and how these statements are interrelated
- Evaluate your firm’s performance by ratio analysis
This course gives you a firm grounding in both the theory and practical application of finance and accounting and broad exposure to some of the most important principles of financial decision-making.
PRICE: $995 per course
Includes online access to all course content, projects
TIME COMMITMENT: approximately 12.5 HOURS
Course content in this program is all online and available from anywhere.
- Pre-recorded video experiences
- Short, targeted online readings
- Practice exercises and quizzes
- Challenging peer-reviewed projects with additional expert feedback
- Interactive discussion forums
- 2-3 hours per week
- 2 months to complete each course
- First time and aspiring managers. All industries
- Heads of learning and development at corporations
Whether you are feeling a bit lost in your current business role, want to improve your business knowledge, or are simply aiming for a promotion at work, this curriculum will propel you to be a better manager and to speak, and understand, the language of business – regardless of your background, education, or experience level. This program was specially developed to deliver management education on a personal scale—personal attention, paired with a deeper understanding of your needs.