Throughout Your Career
Wherever you aspire to go in your career, our career management team is here to help you get there further, faster.
If your aim is to rise higher in your current organization, we can guide your career enhancement and advancement efforts.
If you seek to begin a job search, our team can show you how to navigate that process and make yourself more marketable to employers. We can help you assess your skills and interest to determine your targeted function, industry, and geography. We can help you refine job search tools such as your résumé, LinkedIn profile, prepare you for interviewing, and negotiation opportunities.
Throughout the Executive MBA program, we will provide learning opportunities, tools and resources to enhance your career. Whether you choose the Executive Edge or the Global Immersion Track, our resources remain available to you for the duration of your professional life.
Intro to Career Management Team and Individual Intake Meetings:
- Attend Orientation, meet the Career Management Team, and learn about upcoming programming
- Participate in individual intake meetings regarding your goals for your career and the EMBA program
The following resources are available to you throughout the EMBA program:
- Executive Coaching—Leadership Development Program
- Brightspace Course: EMBA Career Management resources, which includes Beyond B-School career training, sample EMBA résumés, resources for veterans, and more
- Owen Alumni Career Management Website
- Career Management Webinar Series (starting second semester)
- CareerLeader Assessment
Fall Semester—Curriculum and Leadership Development Program:
- Focus on your coursework, group, and project demands
- Build a foundation of self-awareness through the Leadership Development Program and your work with an Executive Coach
Spring/Summer Webinars—Career Exploration and Job Search Tools:
- Learn about MBA-level occupations and careers, how to target companies, and how to conduct informational interviews
- Write your Executive MBA-level résumé, craft your LinkedIn profile, and create a portfolio of job search communication tools
- Learn how to advance your career through our Job Search Strategies: Networking, Recruiters, and Online Resources Webinar
- Be prepared to interview with confidence or present your accomplishments for your annual review in our Interviewing Webinar
Spring Webinar and Panel:
- Be strategic in receiving and negotiating offers
- Attend the Alumni Panel: Transitioning to Life After Owen
Once you graduate, you will still have access to our Alumni Career Management resources. If you experience unexpected disruptions in your employment status or you want to seek out new opportunities for professional growth, reach out to Alumni Career Management and register for career resources, job search strategies, and job opportunities.