Librarians are available for consultation throughout your career. We’re a life-long benefit to all Vanderbilt alumni and delighted to meet you virtually or in person. We also offer library resources that we hope will be of value throughout your long and distinguished careers.
2020 graduates will maintain library access to all electronic resources until August 2021. Summer is a great time to take advantage of access to over 100 different business research databases.
Questions about job searching? Looking to learn a new skill like Tableau or Python? Ask us anything by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org: we are happy to recommend resources to help you achieve your goals.
Starting in August, you will have remote access to the databases listed below. Questions about which database will be most valuable for your individual research needs? Please contact your library team- we are happy to help.
- American Community Survey (ACS) – US Census exportable data on population, housing, age, race, income, commute time to work, home value, veteran status, and more.
- Data-Planet – create custom tables with detailed demographic and market research data on US consumers.
- First Research High-level Industry Profiles on major industries: overviews, challenges, trends, executive insight, call prep questions, forecasts, growth, industry drivers and more.
- Hoovers Details on US and international companies (public & private), executives, market research reports. Includes financials, subsidiaries, and SEC filings. Includes some email addresses for contacts.
- Mergent Online Corporate financial histories (including capital changes) and operational histories for US and international public companies. Customizable reports on companies.
- RKMA Market Research Reports Market research reports with a focus on statistics and data. Current topics include B2B Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Marketing, Use of the Internet, International Consumer Market, Entertainment & Media, Healthcare Business, Leisure, Retail Business, Sports Marketing, and Travel & Tourism.
- UniWorld finds companies with Headquarters & Operations in different countries; exportable / directory style information included. Includes some email addresses for contacts.
- Vault Industry and career guides, including employer profiles; advice on consulting case interviews, financial interviews, and career trends. All alumni resources are accessible by using a VUNetID. To maintain a current VUNetID, it must be renewed every 365 days. To do so, submit a VUNetID request to Ask a Librarian with your full name at graduation, school name and year.