Your privacy is important to us. Here are a few things you may wish to know.
How do we get your name and contact information?
Vanderbilt Owen Graduate School of Management collects information on individuals who have expressed interest in graduate management education. We receive this information from a variety of sources including:
- Organizations serving individuals seeking management education such as Forté, GMAC, GRE, MLT, and Military MBA.
- Event registrations for on- or off-campus events.
- Event registrations for events we co-sponsor, such as MBA Tour and QS World Tour events.
- Online “request for information” and digital advertising forms.
- Started and submitted applications.
- Referrals from current students, alumni, faculty and staff across Vanderbilt University.
How do we use your information?
- We use U.S. Postal Service mail and email to communicate with individuals whose names are in our prospective student database. We may call or text message if you have provided your phone number for this purpose.
- Communications from our staff, faculty or current students generally offer information on the features and benefits of our programs, invitations to admissions events and advance notice of application deadlines. We sometimes survey prospective students on topics relevant to business education.
- All email communiques are compliant with the CAN SPAM act; recipients are always provided the option to unsubscribe in order to opt out of future communications.
- We do not give or sell your name or contact information to any organization outside of Vanderbilt University.
When you visit our website, we can identify only the Internet domain and IP address from which you accessed the site. Unless provided to us on a Request for Information form or by starting the application process, we are unable to collect any personal information on our website visitors.
Yes. Once enrolled as a student at Vanderbilt, your records are subject to The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. You can read Vanderbilt’s FERPA Privacy Statement for Students here.