In this focused program, you'll develop the tools you need to begin a finance career, even if you have no prior exposure to business courses or concepts such as banking, investments or accounting. You will equip yourself with a top-level understanding of complex principles such as financial statements, market efficiency, valuing stocks and bonds and corporate financial policy. Walk away with business acumen and jump start your finance career.Read more about this program >
May 24 - 29, 2020
Registration opens soon!
Accelerator®—Finance Bootcamp is designed for college students interested in a broad area of finance, including careers in corporate finance, equity research, investment banking and private equity.
- Learn the fundamentals of finance and accounting from world-class Vanderbilt faculty
- Discover potential career paths available in the finance field
- Earn a prestigious Vanderbilt certificate
- Gain access to Bloomberg Market Concepts program and take advantage of the opportunity to earn an additional certificate
- Gain insight and exposure to real-world scenarios through case studies
- Enjoy time off in the evenings to explore one of America's "it" cities (Nashville, TN) and discover incredible food, culture and entertainment options
Participants will take foundational finance and accounting classes, acquire basic and intermediate Excel skills and explore different career paths within finance. Over the course of five days, students will gain a broad understanding of the concepts and applications of the following:
- Time value of money
- Financial statements
- Excel modeling
- Valuation and investment analyses
- Cost of capital
- Debt and equity financing
This program is designed to equip students with a foundational understanding of finance. This is an ideal course for those who fit into the following categories:
- Students who want to obtain essential finance skills and would like to explore career options
- Freshmen and sophomores in liberal arts majors who do not have access to finance and business classes
- Students who have a finance internship during the summer and want to better prepare themselves for that experience
- Students who need to expand their knowledge base and experience level in order to earn a future internship in finance
This is an open enrollment program that does not require an application or interview. Students registering for this course must have a 3.0 GPA or higher and need to submit a résumé demonstrating college algebra-level understanding. Students earn a certificate upon completion of the course.
Tuition for the 2020 program: $3,250*. The cost includes catered breakfast/lunch every day plus program materials.
Registration opens soon for the 2020 program (May 24-29, 2020). Limited space available.
*Subject to change.
Our finance bootcamp is a unique opportunity for liberal arts students to take the first step towards a career in finance and banking. Students will quickly discover if the finance industry is a viable and satisfying career path.
Greg HarveyDirector, Accelerator®—Finance Bootcamp
Discover more about what you'll experience in the Accelerator®—Finance Bootcamp program.
The purpose of the finance bootcamp is to develop a fundamental understanding of the theory and practice of corporate finance. Students will develop the tools needed to make value-creating investment and financial decisions.
Joshua WhiteAssistant Professor of Finance
The Finance Bootcamp gave me the fundamental tools I needed to develop my elementary understanding of finance. The engaging professors are willing to help you learn in a small classroom environment. I highly recommend this program to any freshmen and sophomores interested in finance or any juniors looking to establish a finance background.
Anthony Swenson Accelerator®—Finance Bootcamp Class of 2018; Vanderbilt University Class of 2019
The Finance Bootcamp program provided a comprehensive overview of corporate finance, accounting, and financial statements. The combination of incredible professors, stimulating case studies, and useful career advice made the program an unparalleled and unforgettable experience.
Caleb Dean Accelerator®—Finance Bootcamp Class of 2018; Yale University Class of 2020