Technology Boot Camps
Technology has transformed virtually every area of human activity—and you can be part of the digital revolution as a web development professional. The Vanderbilt University Technology Boot Camps are part-time courses that equip you with the fundamental skills needed to become either a full stack web developer or work in big data. In these immersive, 24-week programs, you’ll stretch your knowledge to new limits, building dynamic end-to-end web applications, learn to analyze complex data sets and prepare yourself for the future.
In addition to engaging classroom instruction, students spend 20 hours a week on outside projects and experiential learning activities. These collaborative projects help students build a comprehensive professional portfolio to showcase their abilities and hone their competitive edge in the job market.
In addition, the career services team provides students with the training and guidance needed for the job search. Through resume and social media profile support, industry speakers, portfolio reviews, career coaching, technical interview training, and more, you will be empowered to find the job that’s right for you.
By the time you graduate, you should have the skills to:
- Understand the process of serving a webpage and how the browser renders code
- Build front-end websites from scratch, as well as with ready-made frameworks
- Create full-stack, single-page web applications with RESTful routes and AJAX methods
- Generate dynamic content and implement user-authentication schemes by incorporating different types of databases—MySQL and MongoDB
- Develop apps while applying the accepted and standard basics of social coding—source control, issue tracking, functional feedback, etc.
- Run through the entire development cycle of complex projects in both independent and collaborative settings
- Translate date into competitive insights
- Build a strong portfolio to showcase your knowledge & skills
Ready to shift gears in your career—or accelerate it? Visit the Vanderbilt University Coding Boot Camp online at https://bootcamps.vanderbilt.edu to learn more.
Section 1: T/TH/S
Section 2: M/W/S
Weeknights: 6:30 - 9:30 p.m. Saturdays: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.