Technology Boot Camps
Technology has transformed virtually every area of human activity—and you can be part of the digital revolution. Vanderbilt University Technology Boot Camps are part-time courses that equip you with the fundamental skills needed to become either a full stack web developer, work in big data, or cybersecurity.
In addition to engaging classroom instruction, students spend 20 hours a week on outside projects and experiential learning activities. These collaborative projects help students build a comprehensive professional portfolio to showcase their abilities and hone their competitive edge in the job market.
In addition, the career services team provides students with the training and guidance needed for the job search. Through resume and social media profile support, industry speakers, portfolio reviews, career coaching, technical interview training, and more, you will be empowered to find the job that’s right for you.
By the time you graduate, you should have the skills to:
- Understand the process of serving a webpage and how the browser renders code
- Build front-end websites from scratch, as well as with ready-made frameworks
- Create full-stack, single-page web applications with RESTful routes and AJAX methods
- Generate dynamic content and implement user-authentication schemes by incorporating different types of databases—MySQL and MongoDB
- Develop apps while applying the accepted and standard basics of social coding—source control, issue tracking, functional feedback, etc.
- Run through the entire development cycle of complex projects in both independent and collaborative settings
- Translate date into competitive insights
- Build a strong portfolio to showcase your knowledge & skills
- Identify suspicious patterns of user behavior to identify bots, intruders, and other malicious actors.
- Analyze malware to identify its origin and purpose, and determine methods for uninstalling it.
- Perform Python programming along with Bash and scripting.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments using tools like Metasploit to profile an application for vulnerabilities, and then exploit those vulnerabilities.
- Model future financial performance of a company using Python and financial fundamentals
- Analyze market behavior using machine learning on historical datasets
- Determine the optimal predictors for market strategy and evaluate models for accuracy
- Build a Ethereum blockchain and understand how transactions are validated on a distributed ledger
- Learn to work with databases on the AWS cloud in the service of financial applications
Ready to shift gears in your career—or accelerate it? Visit Vanderbilt University Coding Boot Camps online at https://bootcamps.vanderbilt.edu to learn more.