The Vanderbilt MAcc Assurance program is a proven path to career advancement, financial rewards, and global opportunities in business. We develop first-rate professional service providers with the technical expertise and leadership skills needed to succeed in public accounting. Our graduates understand the science (and art) of providing expert and independent assessments that support smart business decisions within companies.
In one year, you'll gain the skills, experience, and credential needed for long-term success. Your career path could ultimately lead to a spot as a firm partner, executive or CEO in the corporate sector, consultant, or entrepreneur.
What you get in just 12 months:
- The knowledge and professional skills needed to excel in public accounting (regardless of your undergraduate major)
- Support to prepare and sit for the CPA exam (the first-time pass rate of Vanderbilt MAcc students remains among the highest for top Master of Accountancy programs)
- Incredible opportunity to complete a 10-week paid internship with a Big 4 accounting firm—the average amount earned as an intern is $11,000 (many of these internships turn into full-time job offers after graduation)
- Small-by-design program size—which means you'll get personal attention throughout your time here and opportunities to build enduring relationships with classmates, faculty, and staff
What you can expect after graduation:
- The average full-time salary for Vanderbilt MAcc Assurance graduates = $56,000 + performance-based bonuses
- Almost all of our graduates choose to launch their careers with one of the Big 4 accounting firms—KPMG, Deloitte, PwC, or EY—some choose to stay with these firms long-term, while others move on to senior leadership positions on the client side
- Within 5 years, most of our graduates have advanced within their companies to 6-figure salaries
Big 4 firms tell us that Vanderbilt MAcc graduates hit the ground running faster than students from other programs. Vanderbilt’s world-class professors ensure that students have an incredibly strong technical foundation, but we also prepare them for real-world interpersonal interactions. Everything we do is geared toward providing our students with the skills that allow firms to put them in front of clients very early in their careers.
Scott JohnsonFaculty Director | Vanderbilt MAcc Programs