Complete all data fields on the online application. Please submit your application only when it represents your best effort, and only after everything is complete. If required, take the GMAT or GRE (GMAT is preferred) and TOEFL, PTE Academic or IELTS before submitting your application, so that you can include your scores. If you have already taken your required tests and sent your score reports to Vanderbilt, your scores will automatically be verified by Vanderbilt. Submitting an incomplete application may significantly delay the processing and review of your file. It is your responsibility to notify us of any scheduled retake or future date for test taking, so we can know when to expect updated scores. For international educational requirements, click here.
- We require a separate unofficial transcript from every college or university you are attending or have attended.
- If you are offered admission, you will be required to provide official transcripts from each institution you have attended.
- If you have not graduated, and your conferred degree will be issued later, please wait to order a copy of your official transcript. Official transcripts must reflect the date that the degree was conferred and the degree awarded.
- If you cannot calculate your cumulative GPA or convert it to a four-point scale, leave the field blank. We will evaluate your academic record accordingly.
Transcripts can be sent either via the postal service or via secure electronic delivery. In order to be considered official, transcripts and other documents must come directly from the institution attended. Some institutions provide secure electronic delivery of transcripts. These submissions may be made to email@example.com.
Transcripts sent via the postal service should be addressed as follows:
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37240-783
If your official or unofficial transcript is not in English, you must obtain a notarized English translation from a certified professional and submit it with the original transcript or copy. If your university retains the only official copy of your transcript, we will accept a duplicate copy certified by an officer of the university.
GMAT or GRE Scores
- All applicants must take the GMAT or GRE (GMAT is preferred).
- If you last took the test more than five years prior to submitting your application, you must take it again.
- We review your overall highest test score; some of our candidates take the test more than once to obtain a higher score. We value this commitment.
Because we rely on the accuracy of self-reported test scores, it is not necessary to provide an official score report when you apply. You will be required to have the official test scores sent to the MAcc Admissions Office only if you accept an offer of admission.
Please list Vanderbilt University as a recipient of your GMAT or GRE score on test day.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores for International Students
- In most cases, international applicants are required to take the TOEFL. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) will be waived only for candidates who have earned a university degree in an English-speaking country—not just at an English-speaking institution—or those who have lived and worked in an English-speaking country for the past two or more years.
- We will also accept the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) in lieu of the TOEFL.
- Students who have an undergraduate degree from a U.S. institution do not need to report a TOEFL score.
- If you last took the test more than two years prior to the date of application, you must take it again because results are valid only two years.
- You must take the TOEFL or IELTS before submitting your application so that you can record the scores in the application.
- Because we rely on the accuracy of self-reported test scores, you are not required to provide an official TOEFL or IELTS score report at the time of application. Only if you are offered and accept admission will you be required to have ETS send official test scores to the MAcc Admissions Office.
- You should not submit an application until you are satisfied with your test results, as we prefer not to hold applications while waiting for new scores.
Vanderbilt’s institution code is 1871. When registering for the TOEFL or the IELTS, you must also specify departmental code 02.
- Your essays give us great insight into your fit with the MAcc Valuation program, your personality and other unique qualities.
- You will submit the two essays with your online application.
- In the first essay, explain your short-term and long-term career plans as specifically as possible.
- In the second essay, discuss how you think you could contribute to Owen and the MAcc Valuation program.
- Each essay is limited to no more than 500 words.
If necessary, you may provide an additional statement to explain poor academic performance, weak test scores, academic misconduct, violations of the law or anything else that you think is important for the Admissions Committee to know about you that is not already addressed elsewhere in your application. Please use the Optional Essay space in the online application.
- You should submit two recommendations from professors or supervisors familiar with your work. If you are unable to disclose your plans to a current supervisor, you should provide an explanation in an additional statement and request a former supervisor to complete a recommendation.
- Applicants with little or no full-time work experience should obtain recommendations from professors or supervisors of part-time work and internships.
- Your recommenders can submit your recommendations securely online to us, along with your other application materials.
- Instructions will be included in an email sent to each recommender after you enter the person’s contact information in the Recommender section.
Please upload a current professional résumé that highlights your educational background, any work or internship experience, activities, interests and hobbies that are significant to you. Your résumé should be in a format that you would present to a prospective employer.
APPLICATION FEE: There is a $100 application fee for the MAcc program. You must pay the fee with a major credit card through the online application system. This fee is not refundable or transferable.
DEFERRED ADMISSION AND REAPPLICATION: The Vanderbilt MAcc program may offer deferred admission on a case-by-case basis. If admitted to the program in a year in which you choose not to enroll, you must request approval for a deferral. Financial aid is not guaranteed from one year to the next. If you are reapplying, please use the same log-in credentials you previously used. Some of your previous application data will transfer into your new application.
MAILING SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS: We recommend that you keep copies of everything you submit to Vanderbilt for the duration of the application process. Please mail any supplemental application materials not submitted electronically to:
Center for Data Management - OWEN
PMB 407833, 2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37240-7833
APPLICATION STATUS: You can check your status at any time by logging into your Application Status page, keeping in mind it may take a short time to process applications.
ADMISSION DECISIONS: In general, we will notify you within four weeks of receiving your application. All decisions of the Admissions Committee are final, and applicants will be considered for admission only once in any given academic year. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to deny any applicant, rescind any offer of admission or dismiss any enrolled student if any part of the application is inaccurate, misrepresented, falsified or otherwise untrue.