- The Vanderbilt Master of Marketing application is hosted online. To begin, you will be asked to provide basic information such as demographic and contact information, education, internships, and activities.
- You are able to change your responses and continue to update your application until you submit the application.
- Your responses are saved automatically when you click Continue at the bottom of each page.
- Applications are considered complete when each required item has been received. You can check your application status at any time by accessing the application review.
- Please submit your application only when it represents your best effort.
- All applications are due by 11:59PM Central Time on the deadline date.
- Please upload a digital copy of your unofficial transcript from every college or university you are attending or have attended.
- There is no need to send official copies of your transcripts at this time. Official transcripts are only required if you accept an offer of admission.
- If you cannot calculate your cumulative GPA or convert it to a four-point scale, leave the field blank. We will evaluate your academic record accordingly.
GRE and GMAT
Recognizing the extraordinary challenges faced by many applicants, Vanderbilt is offering GMAT/GRE test waivers to qualified candidates for the 2021-22 Master of Marketing application cycle. Waiver requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. To be considered for the test score requirement waiver, applicants must create an application and complete the following information: personal information, education history (including unofficial transcript), and resume. If you have a 3.4 GPA or higher, you will receive the waiver form via email after you have completed those steps.
- For those who do not qualify for the waiver, we require the GMAT or GRE to apply. Vanderbilt does not have a preferred test and you are encouraged to take whichever test you feel more comfortable with.
- You can submit your application with a self-reported GMAT or GRE test score.
- If you have taken the GMAT or GRE multiple times, we will consider your total highest test score.
For International Students: English Language Fluency Tests
- In most cases, international applicants are required to submit an English Language Fluency Test (TOEFL, IELTS, or DuoLingo). An unofficial score is a required component of the Master of Marketing application.
- International applicants can be considered for a Test of English Language requirement waiver by marking qualifications in the application. The Test of English requirement can be waived for applicants that meet any of the following requirements:
- Applicant has earned an undergraduate degree in a country where the official language is English (not just an English-speaking institution or just a country where English is spoken); or
- Applicant has lived and worked, for the past two or more years, in a country where the official language is English (not just a country where English is spoken); or
- Applicant has scored in the 90th percentile or higher on the verbal component of the GMAT or GRE.
- Your two essays give us great insight into your thinking, communication style, personality, and other unique qualities.
- Be prepared to explain your short-term (post-graduation) and long-term career plans as specifically as possible and to demonstrate your creativity. Log into the application to see specific questions for the current application round.
- Please provide two recommenders who can comment on your qualifications for the program. We suggest that you include a professor and an employer or business professional who know you well. The best recommenders can provide details to help us get to know you better and your ability to succeed in the program.
- The recommendations do not have to be complete before you submit your application.
- Your recommenders will receive an email with instructions after you enter their contact information in the application. Be sure to alert your recommenders to look for an email from Vanderbilt.
- Your recommender may either use the Vanderbilt recommender form or write a letter of recommendation.
Your resume is an opportunity to tell your story on paper and should focus on your transferable skills and quantifiable results. Please upload a current professional resume that highlights your educational background, work or internship experience, and any other activities or interests that are significant to you. A one-page resume is ideal. If needed, you may use the detailed work history section in the online application to provide additional information.
- After review of application materials, candidates may be invited to continue the application process with an evaluative interview. Interview invitations are sent via email with instructions on how to schedule an interview.
- Interviews are an essential component of the application and all enrolled students have completed an interview.
- The interview is a great opportunity to share your story beyond your resume and how a Master of Marketing degree can help you achieve your goals.
- Interviews are 20 minutes and are conducted by the Master of Marketing program director. You can expect the admissions interview to be structured like a professional interview and should prepare accordingly.
- All interviews are currently being conducted virtually.
The video response is a chance for you to provide a glimpse of the authentic you, speaking without a script. The video questions are designed to be easy to answer and help us to get to know you as a person. You will have three attempts to do a video response recording. The application will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to record your answers.
Your application is considered complete and ready when we receive your online application and application fee. Although still required before any offer of admission is given, the evaluative interview and any other supplemental items are not required for the Admissions Committee to deny or waitlist an applicant at any stage.
Click here to check the status of your application.
APPLICATION FEE: There is a $100 application fee for the Master of Marketing program.
DEFERRED ADMISSION: The Master of Marketing program may offer deferred admission on a case-by-case basis. If admitted to the program in a year in which you choose not to enroll, you must request approval for a deferral. Merit-based scholarships are not guaranteed from one year to the next. If you are reapplying, please use the same log-in credentials you previously used. Some of your previous application data will transfer into your new application.
REAPPLICATION: We welcome re-applicants in the next application cycle and will retain your application for two years. If you reapply, please use the same login credentials. Some of your former application data will transfer into your new application. You are encouraged to use the explanatory statement to describe how you have improved your candidacy.
MAILING SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS: We recommend that you keep copies of everything you submit to Vanderbilt for the duration of the application process. Please mail any supplemental application materials not submitted electronically to:
Center for Data Management - OWEN
PMB 407833, 2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37240-7833
APPLICATION STATUS: You can check your status at any time by logging into your Application Status page, keeping in mind it may take a short time to process applications.
ADMISSION DECISIONS: In general, decisions will be released four weeks after the application deadline. All Admissions Committee decisions are final, and applicants will be considered for admission only once in any given academic year.
The Admissions Committee reserves the right to deny any applicant, rescind any offer of admission, or dismiss any enrolled student if any part of the application is inaccurate, misrepresented, falsified or otherwise untrue.
QUESTIONS: We appreciate the time and effort you will put into applying to business school and we look forward to receiving your application. Please contact us if you have any questions. You can reach us by sending an email to email@example.com.