From international giants to entrepreneurial startups, 97% of recent graduates accepted an offer within 6 months of graduation. For more information, view our Employment Report.

The Master of Marketing program cost for the 2023-2024 academic year:

Transcript Fee$100
Books & Supplies$500
Health Insurance (can be waived if proof of comparable coverage elsewhere)$3,735
Maintenance Fee$1,250
Student Health Fee$774
Student Services Fee$610
Loan Fees$1,520

Average Living Expenses:

Housing $15,562
Personal Expenses$1,977


All Owen students live off-campus, but most live nearby. There are numerous residential buildings within one mile of campus and several within walking distance.

Health Insurance

Health insurance is required for all students. The university offers a health insurance plan for students and their families. You may view a copy of the Graduate/Professional & International Brochure on health insurance by visiting our Student Health Center website.


Vanderbilt Master of Marketing Merit-Based Scholarships

  • All applicants are automatically considered for merit scholarship awards at the time of admission. There is no additional scholarship form to complete. Selection criteria include academic and personal achievements evidenced by GPA, test scores, resume, recommendations, essays, and the evaluative interview.
  • Scholarships cover partial tuition, and candidates will be notified of an award when given an offer of admission.
  • Vanderbilt Owen Graduate School of Management does not offer need-based scholarships.

Accelerator Alumni Scholarship

Each year the Vanderbilt Master of Marketing program awards up to $5,000 in scholarship funding to participants of Vanderbilt's Accelerator® Summer Business Immersion.


Federal Financial Aid

  • Loans are dispersed through the central Office of Student Financial Aid; visit Vanderbilt University’s financial aid website for details about loan options.
  • International students do not qualify for federally funded loan programs unless they are permanent residents of the U.S. International students may apply for a private alternative source of funding, but a U.S. citizen or permanent resident is required as a co-borrower. Vanderbilt offers two loan options that do not require a U.S. co-borrower, available through Prodigy Finance and MPower Financing. The two may be compared by viewing Vanderbilt’s Office of Financial Aid’s private alternative loan options information and clicking on FASTChoice to filter.

Other Resources

  • In addition to federal loans, scholarships, and employment, students should consider personal savings; family funds; sponsorship by their company or government; and other outside loans, grants, and scholarships. SallieMae, a government-sponsored organization, provides the largest secondary market in the student loan business. You can find financial aid information, loan calculators, and a free scholarship search at Sallie Mae.
  • Several resources exist for international students seeking financial aid to study in the U.S. Some banks will authorize loans to international students, provided that the student has a U.S. co-signer to guarantee the loan.
  • Additionally, please see our full External Funding Resources document.

Student Employment

  • A limited number of graduate student work opportunities are offered within Owen and at Vanderbilt, including part-time jobs within the admissions office, marketing and communications, and the career management center. Job opportunities are promoted via email and in various Owen communications channels throughout the year.
  • Once you are enrolled, you can search for opportunities and sign up for job alerts at Vanderbilt’s Student Employment Office website.
  • We recommend that Master of Marketing students work no more than 20 hours per week.
  • International students should contact their program’s admissions representative for information about specific work regulations.

Additional reference sources:

For International Students

International students may apply for a private alternative educational loan, with a U.S. citizen or permanent resident as a co-signer, for an amount up to the total cost of education. Please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid for additional information. Or they may apply directly to Prodigy Finance, which does not require a co-signer. Click here to learn more.